[ale] Proposal - ALE Bash Tutorial

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 4 12:45:34 EDT 2002

Andrew Grimmke wrote:

[scissors of brevity]

> I imagine a simplified lesson would look something like this:

> Welcome to the ALE Bash tutorial Lesson for week n
>
> here are some solutions to last week's exercise:
>
> $ foo -xy /home/me/foo/*[xy]?.txt|bar|grep x /home/me/foo
> home/me/xyz|less
> $ foo -xy /home/me/foo/*.txt|grep xyz /home/me/foo home/me/foo>foobar
>
> There are certainly many other solutions to the problem.  These are
> provided as an example.

Here, there should be a reasonably detailed explanation of
how the suggested solution works.

I think this idea is a very good one. It would also be a good
idea to webify the thread(s) somewhere so that people don't
have to go to the archives every time. You might eventually
get O'Reilly or someone to publish the results :-)

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me