[ale] can daemons bind to different IPs within the same box?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Oct 31 11:54:52 EST 2002

I have a web server with multiple interfaces/IP addys.  I'm wondering if
I can run some daemons on one of them (ssh, dns, ftp, etc) and some on
the other interface/IP (http, https).  Can I do this?

I'm pretty sure I can, but I just wanted to check before I try it.  Is
it just a matter of passing a switch to the daemons when they start
telling them which interface they're bound to?  Or is my understanding
of networking completely wrong here?

TIA,
CB