[ale] A use for Windows . . .

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Oct 31 11:40:52 EST 2002

2 things, make sure you have the device compiled in for the smart
reader, I use a PCMCIA adapter on my laptop, lights up as a hard drive
as soon as I insert it.

Also, look at "gphoto" for connecting to your camera, connects to my Odd
Olympus just great.

On a side note though, I used to be "I'm going to kill Bill if I ever
get the chance" and that recently changed.  Sitting down watching all
the "if they can do it in M$ win$ucks we can do it better" and all the
competition it drives I started thinking.  Do you realize that without
the competition from the MS community and the human nature to beat them
where we'd be?  With every dirty trick Bill and friends pulled, the
Linux community jumped ahead by leaps and bounds.

Yes, I use windows at home, I can't play GTA3 underwinex yet, just
rebuild my desktop from scratch to clean it up and my mother in law is
one who "needs windows."

Sit back and think of all the advances we've jumped to compete with Bill
and get around thier attempts.  We should all raise a glass to him and
say thanks.  I won't complain if you wanna spit in the glass first, just
don't give it to me.

Robert

Thus spake ChangingLINKS.com (x3 at ChangingLINKS.com):

> From: "ChangingLINKS.com" <x3 at ChangingLINKS.com>
> To: ale at ale.org
> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:27:45 -0600
> Subject: [ale] A use for Windows . . .
>
> It seems like we have an unusually high amount of Microsoft bashing on the
> list lately.
> A friend told me to always "be for something" as opposed to "against something
> else." The thing that I am for is speed.  My 2DO list is 99 items long - so I
> am impatient, and want things done yesterday - even if it means using
> undesirable tatics.
>
> Here's an example:
--snip
.
.
.
--snip
> --
> Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
> Drew
> http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

:wq!
Robert L. Harris