[ale] Printer Error

Bill Pleasants Bill_Pleasants at pghmail.com
Tue Oct 29 19:01:11 EST 2002

Thanks for your continued interest, Scott.  I have not had time till now
to continue my installation adventure.  Responses to your questions are inserted
below.

       Scott Thomas Sandholm wrote:

 cite="mid20021017124231.C3730 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  Howdy

1) does

./lpd restart work?

Stopping lpd:                                              [FAILED]

 cite="mid20021017124231.C3730 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  2) How did you set up the printer?  I hope you did NOT
choose to call it a network printer.

 I set it up local.  The Printer Administration window shows:

 Command:    lpr
 Driver:          Generic Printer (SGENPRT)
 Location:
 cite="mid20021017124231.C3730 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  3) I no longer think it's a printer issue but more likle in
the option you choose when you set it up.

4) If you reboot with no ?f* in the /var/spool/lpd/*

 /var/spool/lpd/  contains folder "print" with 0 items.  Leaving this alone

 cite="mid20021017124231.C3730 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  directories.  Can root do a /etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd stop?

    [FAILED]
 cite="mid20021017124231.C3730 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  B in touch
sts