[ale] Neil Bauman R00LZ!!

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Mon Oct 28 15:21:05 EST 2002

Just got back from Linux Lunacy 2, the geek cruise to the Western
Caribbean.

The item in slashdot on kernel 2.6 (
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/26/150247&mode=thread&tid=106 )
was partly my doing. I recorded Linus's Q&A on a minidisc, then Brian
(another cruiser) and I squirted it to disk through through his sound
card with my double-ended phono plug and ogged it. Brian stuck the
result on the web at http://205.122.23.229/peng/linusq-a.ogg.  From
there Neil emailed his geekcruises list with the URL, and someone at
CNet picked it up and wrote the story.

Doc Searles put a link to my site (http://tomshiro.org/pdart) on his
weblog and I got nigh on 2500 hits on it in a couple of days (usually it
runs around 3-400 hits a day).

I'll probly do a brain dump on my experiences later this week and post
it + the 2000 lines of notes from the classes to the ALE TWiki for your
entertainment and delectation.

The short summary is, go if you can possibly figure out a way.

--  CHS