[ale] OSX

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:53:29 EST 2002

Since I dropped/busted the last G4 TiBook my employer so thoughtfully bought
for me (actually, the LCD is hosed, the book itself is fine), the
replacement came with OS X installed.  It also had OS 9, which I had been
using until I started playing with X.  I installed Jaguar, which is very
nice, and am now hooked.  Yes, there is a command-line utility.  It can be
found in the Apps/Utilities folder on the hard drive (it's called
"Terminal").  I'm not much of a command-line person, but I finally learnt
how to nfs mount my Linux box so that I could store my ripped CDs via
iTunes.  Works like a charm, and fast, too.  However, I haven't learned how
to nfs mount the same Linux share via Airport!  I can do it hardwired...

-Bob K.

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II
e-mail: rkaraff at emory.edu