[ale] showmount and mount do nothing....

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Oct 26 19:39:31 EDT 2002

Trying to get a mounted directory going from one of my internal
machines.  Started nfsd and portmap on the remote machine, and ran
showmount -e thatmachine.  showmount just hangs.  Running a dump shows
my client machine continually sending out "V2 GETPORT Call XID
0x30f26604 dup XID 0x30f26604", but nothing at all back.  It finally times
out with:
mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out

Is there something else I need to start up here?  Am I missing some
permission settings somewhere?  hosts.allow has wide open permissions for
the client.

Thanks,
John