[ale] Resume

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Oct 25 09:52:07 EDT 2002

I'm reading all the responses to this guy and getting miffed as I can
imagine he probably is.

When you are out of work or likely to be and you NEED a job you do what
the recruiters want, you don't "tell them" to do anything like install
acrobat, etc.  You don't "tell them" to use a different format.

When you make their life hard they can your resume and write you off.
Most recruiters got very spoiled in the .com boom because they got big
fees for doing nothing more than send emails.  Now they have to try and
figure out things they either forgot or didn't know in the first place.

Those sitting in nice happy jobs stop and think how you'd be if you
"needed a job".  I don't know his situation of if he's at this point but
I do know what I'm talking about as I was there just recently.

Tom, use abiword and the rtf, just email it to the recruiter as an
attachment.  When they ask why it's not in .doc, tell them it's from a
M$ office beta product, they should get it in 2 years, but their word
will read it just fine.

Another option if you have a copy of word around is to get
codeweavers.com office platform, it works very well and is what I use
when someone "needs" something in .doc.

Last but least, write it up in rtf and find someone to convert it for
ya.

Robert

*snip*

> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 23:07, tom wrote:
> > I have posted this before, but I need some input. I am looking for a
> > job, non technical in nature and need a resume in .doc format. Abiword
> > does that, but you have to paste it into evolution. If I do it in HTML,
> > it loses it structure a lot of times. If I do it in vi, can I change the
> > font size and underline text, etc? Finally, using Windows is not an
> > option, as I do not own a copy and my recovery disk is lost.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > tom

:wq!
Robert L. Harris