[ale] Copying directory structure from one machine to another

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 24 05:23:57 EDT 2002

If the other system is on a network or you can put the drive in the news system. I would
just mnt the directory and then use mv to the correct location.

You should be able to copy as root and use umask in some way to not change the current
settings. In any case if you do you can restore them by using chown -R user:group
/home/userdirectory.

Really have to be careful what you copy though. Some things you may not want in the newer
system such as old .profile files and such.

Adrin