[ale] k7s5a/athlon 1700x+ xp

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Oct 23 11:06:54 EDT 2002

Geoffrey,

Return the board immediately and go with something else (I find the
Gigabyte GA-7VXP to be *really nice*).

Reasoning:

1. If you're overheating at 50 C, then your thermistor is screwed in a
major way. From this point on, you'll always have to second guess it.

2. The memory problems you're having.  I've read that some boards have
difficulty recognizing multiple DDR mods, and while some offer three or
more slots they'll only truly work with one or two.  My Gigabyte, for
instance, is known to have issues when all three DDR slots are used.

I've never run into as many issues as you're having, and I've been
building my own systems for five years now.

Drop the board before it's too late.

John