[ale] amd processors and memory

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Wed Oct 23 10:35:44 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Geoffrey wrote:

> Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} wrote:
> > Perhaps it was something that happened at
installation?

> I think this is unlikely, as it does recognize new
> memory has been added
> to the slot, it just doesn't correctly recognize it.
I guess I could
> swap them, put the 128mb first, but I'm concerned
with continuous
> swapping of the sticks for just the reasons noted in
this link.

I know it is anecdotal, but I added a 2nd 128 MB stick
to my k7s5a with no problems at all.

I wouldn't be all that concerned about swapping out the
sticks (putting the 128 first) just for the sake of
troubleshooting.  That is probably one of the first
things I would have tried.

As long as you ground out before you go into the case,
I don't think static is that big a deal here in
Georgia, anyway.  I am sure that in northern climates
when it's so dry in winter it can be a real problem,
however.

Andrew Grimmke
Marietta, Georgia