[ale] The Lost Project

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Oct 21 16:30:23 EDT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Denny Chambers wrote:

> Sorry this is not it. The project that I was referring to was an open
> source, software only project.

These guys were too, at least they were at one point. Their goal was to
provide simple, purpose built distributions just as you describe. Things
just didn't quite work out for them. They were totally GPL initially, then
added some quirky EULA, then "reinvented" themselves as a security
company after everyone realized that their products weren't very good. I
do recall hearing of several other projects out there that were a little
more "community" oriented, but I can't recall hearing of any that were
very successful. Sorry...

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security