[ale] OT: Electronic Voting in GA

Christopher Ness mness215 at attbi.com
Sat Oct 19 12:43:47 EDT 2002

On Saturday 19 October 2002 11:23 am, Joseph A Knapka wrote:
>diting a state's old-style mechanical lever machines?
>
> With mechanical voting machines you have an absolutely irrefutable
> physical representation of each voter's vote. With any automated
> system, you need some way to be sure that there isn't some code
> in there that says, "No matter what buttons the voters press,
> record 65% of the vote for candidate A and distribute the
> remainder randomly among the other candidates."

Remember the little applets that used to circulate in e-mail where you
couldn't put your mouse on the button and click?

 They only hope I have about the touch screen ballot is that the computer
programmers like the people on this board have a tendency to be Libertarian,
Republican, individualists and thinkers. But then again, programmers work for
Microsoft too...