[ale] need your input on a project...

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Fri Oct 18 16:24:19 EDT 2002

> However, I would much rather read an OO program written in python or
> java than in perl.  Personal preference....they just make for cleaner OO
> reading ;-).  Both are also designed to be OO'd languages, and provide
> niceties for that reason.

Actually, Larry et al. apparently agree with you to some extent.  Perl6 is
a complete redesign, including integrated OO syntax at the base of the
language rather than tacked on later, as it was in perl4 and perl5.

I don't know how it's working, since it's still dev, but they do agree
that the Perl OO syntax && structure left something to be desired

--attriel