[ale] Time to pick some brains technically

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 18 10:21:45 EDT 2002

Robert,

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 10:06, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> The problem?  The thing has 16Gigs of RAM (corporate app server).  If we
> try to enable more than 6 it locks up hard.  I've played with the "mem="
> function to let us get this far.  All the hardware has been pulled and
> tested clean.
>
> Has anyone seen this and know a good work fix?  This thing has been a
> pain since we got it.  The app is very memory intensive but I don't want
> to replace it with a windows based version.

	One random shot in the dark: is the memory registered?  If it isn't it
may be loading the mem bus when > 1 dimm in installed.  Of course, that
doesn't explain why it doesn't work with between 6-8 MB.

	I've also read somewhere recently (sorry, don't remember exactly) that
someone was having troubles with their ServerWorks chipset.  You might
try googleing on that.

Danny