[ale] [OT] congress vote history

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Fri Oct 18 08:53:50 EDT 2002

I have a letter from Isakson where he says that the
CARP solution to internet radio fees is fair and that
it is exactly the type of thing the DMCA was passed for.

He went into great detail in his explaination, I will
give him that.  I don't know whether it was him or an
aid, but somebody wrote me a full page letter (in
resonse to the full page I sent him) explaining why
internet radio is not (in his opinion) being treated
unfairly and why the poor record industry is.

I wrote him a good letter too.  I found some places
where he had given lip service to the internet as an
educational tool.  I suggested that running an internet
radio station might be a great educational for students
at a high school like Sprayberry (in our district).

Alas, it is clear that Mr. Isakson is more interested
in protecting the rights of the media to force feed
lousy music down peoples throats and leave them without
an alternative; the right of the RIAA members to bleed
internet radio dry with the intention of killing any
media outlet not controlled by them and their
big-media-company friends.

If you feel strongly on this, as I do, as Bill says,
let Mr. Isakson know how you feel.

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, "Bill Sirinek" wrote:

> I have a letter from Johnny Isakson (US Rep, 6th
> district - Marietta) saying
> he doesnt support the consumer technology bill of
> rights because it "invites
> piracy". I dont know if he was around to vote on the
> DMCA though.
>
> Let him know how you feel too.
>
> Johnny Isakson
> Georgia-6th, Republican