[ale] those of you reading this while within US jurisdiction should have a care....

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Oct 16 12:46:17 EDT 2002

Isn't it illegal to read certain books in muslum fundamentalist
societies?  Rusade? (sorry, bad memory)?  We call them religeous fanatics
and crazies for saying what people can read, write and think but now the
DMCA does it to us on a technical front?  Not sure I like where that
comparison is going.

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):

> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:37:51 -0400
> From: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
> To: ALE <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: Re: [ale] those of you reading this while within US jurisdiction
>  should have a care....
>
> Can anyone else think of any other situation where you can be arrested
> simply for reading a document???
>
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
> >A very good read:
> >
> >"The patch itself is on the Red Hat site, on this page, and the oddity here
> >can be seen if you go down to the bottom. Under the heading "references"
> >there is a link to http://www.thefreeworld.net/non-US/. At this point,
> >those
> >of you reading this while within US jurisdiction should have a care"
> >
> >Full Article:
> >http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26656.html
> >

> >---
> >This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
> >be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

> I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to listen
> to FM, why doesn't that apply to the Internet (anymore...)?
>

> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris