[ale] OT: Best [tech] places to live and work in Atlanta....

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Wed Oct 16 10:37:35 EDT 2002

I love living in town (buckhead).  I hope when we do move to our next house we can stay in town.  THere is just so much more in terms of bars/nightlife, excellent restaurants, other fun stuff compared to the suburbs (i lived in East Cobb for 10 yrs).  I'm not talking about going to bars every night or even every weekend, cause i dont do that anymore.   but i do go out to eat at least 1-2 times per week, and there are more great restaurants within 2 miles of me than in all of cobb county probably.

as long as i work downtown as well, i have no intention of moving outside the perimeter.  I am a 30 minute drive from just about everything worth going to in Atlanta.  Airport 15mins, Braves 15-20mins, Downtown no traffic 15mins, Gwinett to buy furniture 25mins, Alpharetta to visit parents 30mins, etc.

->
->
->
->John Wells wrote:
->> Guys,
->>
->> My family and I are considering a move to a new house, and I've been
->> thinking pretty hard about where that house should be.
->>
->> Given the nature of our field and its high turnover rate,
->I'd like to move
->> to an area of Atlanta with a high concentration of tech
->companies, so that
->> if I move on from one job, I won't be completely isolated
->(or a 45-mile
->> commute) from any others...(i.e., Kennesaw ;-)).
->>
->> So, where are the best places from a tech perspective to
->live in Atlanta,
->> aside from downtown?  I've heard Alpharetta has a pretty
->good number of
->> firms, but wanted to hear opinions from the group.
->
->Somewhere between Alpharetta and 285 would probably be ideal,
->although
->Alpharetta is in Fulton county, thus taxes are much higher
->then, say Cobb.
->
->I guess just north of Alpharetta outside of Fulton, but then
->if you get
->something in town you've got to deal with the Alpharetta Autobahn.
->(400).  Then again 85, 75 and 20 are no picnic either...
->
->>
->> Thanks!
->>
->> John
->>
->>
->>
->>
->> ---
->> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
->Problems should be
->> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
->>
->>
->
->--
->Until later: Geoffrey         esoteric at 3times25.net
->
->I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to listen
->to FM, why doesn't that apply to the Internet (anymore...)?
->
->
->---
->This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.