[ale] Printer Error

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Oct 15 23:11:05 EDT 2002

Hi Bill,

I have one of those beasties. A pretty OK laser printer for the money.
The Linux driver is actually a bit faster than the windows version.

The Brother HL-7x0 series needs the following procedure done to clear
the the queue after a foul-up:

Turn off the printer
Stop the print daemon ( use the /etc/init.d/lpd stop  command as root)
Turn on the printer
Start the lpd ( /etc/init.d/lpd start)

That's what my foggy memory is telling me. I haven't used the Brother
since I moved the office 6 months ago. It didn't help that a cat
attacked the output tray trying to get the paper as it emerged and broke
off the plastic "ears" that hold it to the main chassis. Again.