[ale] Apache question.

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Tue Oct 15 14:00:30 EDT 2002

I'm tearing my hair out.  I'm trying to enable the cgi-bin directory for
cgi scripts for users.  I've put in the following in access.conf:

<DirectoryMatch ^/home/.*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch MultiViews ExecCGI Includes
AllowOverride None
</DirectoryMatch>

I have the following in http.conf:

LoadModule cgi_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_cgi.so

When I run anything out of ~/public_html/cgi-bin I get:

Premature end of script headers:

I put a shell script that looks like:

#!/bin/sh
touch /tmp/xyz.321

In the directory, made it 755.  Yes the directory is 755 as is the
public_html directory.

After attempting to run the script, I don't see /tmp/xyz.321.

So can anyone please give me a pointer as to what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jim.