[ale] PGP/GPG Session... RFC...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Oct 15 11:29:43 EDT 2002

All,

	At the last ALE meeting I was asked to do a session on PGP
in December (moved up to December 5, IIRC)...

	I have a question (request) for the group.  I need feedback
on what you would like.

	I can do ONE of the following...

	* A very general talk on Public Key Cryptography

	* A general talk on PGP / GnuPG (GPG)

	* A more in-depth talk on GnuPG including command line functions and
		key management of recent versions.

	* A PGP/GPG keysigning party.

	There was a request, a couple of months ago, to hold a keysigning
party, which is where this got started from.

	Formal keysigning parties are time comsuming and require some
preparation and cooperation in advance.  If we have the same size crowd
that we had at this last meeting, a keysigning party will consume the
entire session.  If we want a keysigning party, I will need to start SOON
to call for keys and build a keyring and printouts.  A keysigning party
means everyone who wants their key signed comes prepared.

	Sooo....  This is a request for comments and discussion.

	What does everyone want for the December session?

	Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/