[ale] Laughing myself sick!

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:49:53 EDT 2002

I got the funniest letter in the snail mail today:

BSA
Business Software Alliance

...Is your high tech business using unlicensed software?
   Don't risk it. Check your software licenses today!

A recent study on U.S. software piracy rates revealed that nearly one in four
software installations nationwide is illegal.

...Proper software licensing is the key to running a successful business.

Many high-tech industry professionals are unaware that illegal use of software
can result in severe consequences - including substantial fines... Just one
phone call by a current or former unhappy emplyee can result in a BSA
investigation.

...Not sure if you're fully licensed? We can help you find out.
Hmmm. All of my machines except for my Clayton State laptop is running Linux
exclusively.

I think I'm safe from the BSA.

I guess I'd better go wipe up the sode I spewed through my nose reading this!

BAJ