[ale] windows

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 10 22:04:00 EDT 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 07:06 pm, tom wrote:
> I have a question. I have only Linux installed and I want to reinstall
> windows, just because I need access to Explorer sometimes. How do I edit
> Disk Druid to allow me to reinstall using my recovery disk? The only
> options in RH 7.3 are ext2, ext3, vfat, RAID, and I think there is one
> more, but I cant remember.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

I don't know which M$ OS you are using, but certainly Win98, WinME,
and Win2k will cause problems.  The "recovery" disks for these
OSs will hose the MBR and then start from scratch.  You will lose
your Linux partitions -- and everything else on your hard
drive. I believe there is a workaround, but you have to beat upon
Microsoft to get it.

Sean