[ale] Installfest followup

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Thu Oct 10 08:27:39 EDT 2002

> 	Can someone give me an idea of how the NFS install directory
> structure(s) should look?  I currently have RH 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 ISOs
> available, and can have them set up, ready to go.

Harold -

For doing RH installs via FTP, the installer expects the contents of the
RPMS directories from each CD to be lumped into the same RPMS
directory.  Mandrake is different; it expects to see RPMS,
RPMS2,...,RPMS4 side-by-side under the Mandrake directory.

This can be accomplished via symlink, but if you do that you need to
make sure that NFS, FTP, or whatever are configured to follow symlinks.
I can tell you from experience that installfests with an FTP/NFS server
running are MUCH improved.

- Jeff