[ale] [not OT] controlling 2 pc's from 1?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Oct 7 21:57:37 EDT 2002

Albeit, this might be an off-the-wall question, but it's not necessarily
irrelevant.  I'm looking for a way to control 2 PC's from 1 GUI
interface on a third PC via WiFi.  All 3 boxes run linux (1 Zaurus, 2
desktop equivalents).  They all run X.  The Zaurus is touchscreen.  I
was thinking about using TightVNC but I'm not sure if I can do it that
way.  I'm most concerned with XMMS and I know theres an xmms-ctrl
module that will let you controll xmms from the console.  I could
build a wrapper around that buuuuut.... I'm hoping there's a more
elegant solution.

Can anyone think of a way I can do this?

Could I shotgun 2 [tight]VNC connections and accomplish this?  Or
maybe serialize them (use one to control remotely view the other).
But if I do this, it won't truly be simultaneous.

As always, much respect in advance to the winner...!

:)
-CB