[ale] [Fwd: Emory Meeting October 10th Announcement]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 6 16:44:49 EDT 2002

The ale website has been updated per:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Emory Meeting October 10th Announcement
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:13:22 -0400
From: "Larry Grenevitch" <larry_grenevitch at hotmail.com>
To: ale at ale.org
To: esoteric at 3times25.net

This month ALE begins a series of presentations on converting from
Windows to Linux.  This month will feature two Office Suite options
Cross Over Office which allows users to use Microsoft Office software
under Linux and OpenOffice a cross platform office suite for Windows,
Linux, Mac, and other unixes.

Michael Hirsch has been using Linux since 0.99pl12 and has been
developing for Linux full time for over 3 years.  He will discuss and
demonstrate using the Crossover Office version of WINE to run MS Office
apps.

Larry Grenevitch a 3 year Linux user who works professionally in
computer integration and software development will demonstrate
OpenOffice.

Larry Grenevitch
larry_grenevitch at hotmail.com

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net