[ale] GUI Telecomm program

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Oct 3 08:49:42 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 08:07 pm, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Hi all, quick question.  Do you know of any program that runs in X
> that has the functionality of Hyperterminal in windows?  Minicom is
> OK, but I would like something gui based. Can't believe I just said
> that!) I haven't been able to find anything yet. Anyways thanks for
> the info/help.

There used to be a standard program named seyon that did this.  It has
not shipped on a recent distribution I know of in quite a while.  As I
recall, it had a kinda funky license which may have something to do
with getting dropped.  It wouldn't surprise me if you could still find
it on ibiblio.org, though, and it will probably still work.

--Michael