[ale] [OT]Can y'all take a gander at this page? HTML help!!

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 11:40:49 EDT 2002

Not sure if this fixes all of your problems but it should
take care of most of them.

http://kevinstoll.org/aiscomputers/aiscomputers.html

The # signs were missing from the usemaps and you shouldn't
embed the image maps inside of table row or column
definitions because some browsers see it as formatting
content inside the table. The image tags needed their
borders set to zero and you were missing a closing tag on
one of the columns. The spaces between the attribute name
and the attribute value only cause problems so I took those
out.

Besides that it everything else was fine, as far as valid
html goes. It's just all these little picky things that
some browsers don't like.

<http://www.aiscomputers.com/new_Document_Root/index.html>

> First problem pertains to tables. It varies according to
> browser, but
> cellspacing, border, cellpadding, etc are all 0. Thing
> is, borders and
> spaces still show up in a lot of cases. I don't know what
> could be the
> matter.
>
> Second problem pertains to the mouseovers (I know, I
> know, fux0r1n6
> JavaScript ain't lynx friendly... Sorry!) Anyway, I am
> changing <some
> jpeg>.src onmouseover and onmouseout. (10-4 that, mouse
> over and out!
> ;-) At least I want to be. My table is 2x2... the
> lower-right hand cell
> doesn't work right.
>
> I have spent too much time working on this problem. I
> have keep
> re-reading the html and not finding any clues. I know
> that this isn't
> going to have a pretty solution; ie, I have wasted a
> bunch of time.
> Also, please don't look over the other links much. They
> all work, but
> the content isn't there yet. I have to put in as a caveat
> here that I
> am not responsible for generating most of the content;
> I'm only a
> scruffy nerf-herding wanna-be coach for some armed and
> dangerous Adobe
> GoLive newbies. :-)
>
> Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Again, forgive
> me for
> offending your aethetic sensibilities!
>
> Cheers!
>
> --Trey
>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====