[ale] Ale search utility (was Re: [ale] requests for help)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Oct 2 09:38:59 EDT 2002

On that same note, create a bookmark under mozilla and paste the following
code as its target.  It will pop up a dialog box in which you can enter
your search phrase:

javascript:q=document.getSelection();if(!q)void(q=prompt('Ale
search:',''));if(q)location.href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ale.org'+escape(q)

For more cool tricks like this, visit http://www.php.net/tips.php.  You
just have to replace the php manual url with the ale/google url.

John