[ale] RedHat 8.0 oddities (was Re: [ale] thoughts on RH 8.0 (and gnome 2 in general))

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Oct 1 16:38:11 EDT 2002

Another thing I've noticed...

I'm very used to highlighting something in one terminal and then switching
to another terminal and hitting the middle mouse button to cut and paste
the highlighted text.

Looks like this isn't working with gnome-terminal under 8.0.  You can use
this method to cut/paste on the same term, but only way to cut/paste
between multiple terms (that I've found) is to shift+del/shift-ins.

Anyone else seeing this behavior as well?  I'm using the imps/2 mouse
protocol.

Thanks,
John