[ale] RedHat 8.0

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Oct 1 05:58:40 EDT 2002

It is a "great wow!"  Installation went great for _ME_ (I fully expected to
have a long rant today about problem).

I got the display drivers working. I could not install "worker 2.6.1" or
previous version yet (I can't live without worker). Everything seems nicer
and more stable. Even the fonts seem better. It seems faster.
Also, I got my install to fit in 2.4GB with 5.1GB extra space (because I
stopped doing full installation and selected packages that I use from the
custom install). Looks like I will have space for those video games I no
longer play. They removed galeon (and I could not install it again) :( but
Mozilla seems a TON more stable and comes up much quicker now.
I will probably be spending the rest of the day trying to get things to work
(like playing DVD). This time, I will not overwrite my two installs of 7.2
until I get all of the functionality. Looks like the latest mySQL is in here.

Does anyone know how to get spamassassin working - they included it, and I
specified that it run on boot. How do I use it with KMail?

Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 04:51, you wrote:
> ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > In a word. . .. wow.
>
> Is that a "good wow", or a "I can't believe how badly they screwed this up
wow"?

> --
> Lost in Tokyo,
>    Keith