[ale] Problems upgrading to RH 8.0

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Oct 1 10:15:13 EDT 2002

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I did have a few of the older kernels laying around...but the win4lin was
my current kernel and its source was pointed to by /usr/src/linux.

I was able to boot up using the "linux rescue" option on the cdrom and
modify grub.conf and add the old kernel to the options, but when booting
it I get the same GLIBC error message and a few others...then a panic.

If I could chroot using the rescue on the cd, I could install the rpms
manually.  But, as it is (without chroot) it doesn't recognize any of the
installed rpms.

Thanks!

John