[ale] aureal driver Montego II Mandrake 9.0 help please

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 30 21:49:19 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 08:21:00PM -0500, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> When I try to install the aureal driver from sourceforge.net I get the
> following. This is version 1.1.3 and I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and have a
> Turtle Beach Montego II. The Montego II is the OEM version sold to Dell.
>
> # make install
> make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
> ?@?@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
> ?@?@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
> ?@?@Makefile:122: No Aureal Vortex soundcard detected!
> Makefile:123: *** See the "Troubleshooting" of the README file for help.

The make command is trying to execute /sbin/lspci, which is not there,
so make is barfing.  The error message is a bit misleading; the
soundcard was not detected because the program used to detect it is not
in the expected place.

> The troubleshooting just says make sure the card is seated firmly.
>
> Where I do a whereis on the above I get
>
> whereis lspci
> lspci: /usr/bin/lspci /usr/share/man/man8/lspci.8.bz2

As root, type:
  ln -s /usr/bin/lspci /sbin/lspci

Then run make again.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9