[ale] aureal driver Montego II Mandrake 9.0 help please

Neal Wilkinson nealw at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 30 20:21:00 EST 2002

When I try to install the aureal driver from sourceforge.net I get the
following. This is version 1.1.3 and I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and have a
Turtle Beach Montego II. The Montego II is the OEM version sold to Dell.

# make install
make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@Makefile:122: No Aureal Vortex soundcard detected!
Makefile:123: *** See the "Troubleshooting" of the README file for help.

The troubleshooting just says make sure the card is seated firmly.

Where I do a whereis on the above I get

whereis lspci
lspci: /usr/bin/lspci /usr/share/man/man8/lspci.8.bz2

If I do a make au8830 which is more specific to the chip set I get the
following:

# make au8830
make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@make: /sbin/lspci: Command not found
æ@æ@gcc -M -I/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/build/include au_mixer.c >
au_mixer.dep
/bin/sh: line 1: gcc: command not found
make: *** [au_mixer.dep] Error 127

I have looked over the forums for a couple of hours without finding
someone with the same problem who said how they fixed it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Neal