[ale] micro seconds

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 17:00:17 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 02:32:26PM -0500 Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at attbi.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 14:28, Klepinger, Aaron wrote:
> > I agree.  Don't waste your time or money buying systems from there.
> > Computers are worth nothing (fully depreciated) after 3 years..
>
> I've never bought into that logic, regardless of what the bean-counters
> say.  But, at this point in time, I feel like PIIs ought to change hands
> for token sums and Ps/486s ought to be handed out like business cards...

I agree.  Unfortunately, all the other places that used to let
old junk go for next to nothing are out of business now.
(Marietta Computer, PC Trade, and some other little places like
that.)

Once these old junkers finally do die and can't even work as a
print server or a dns or mail server anymore, I guess they could
still be good for target practice...  :-)

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net