[ale] [OT] Interesting Take on MS Programming Tools

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Nov 26 21:12:53 EST 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 11:52, Jeff Rose wrote:
> So you are limited as to what you can develop, what platforms you can
> use and the license you use.

Wow. I keep a fairly close eye on the many invasive and user abusive
activities of Micro$haft, but I didn't realize the extremes to which
these criminals are taking their assaults on developers rights!

Thanks for the important warnings about the V$ EULA content and the
attachment of said 'contract with Satan' ;-).

I think you omitted a few points from the mafia 'fogetaboudit' list,
though:
> So long as competition, Linux and the GPL
...and  fair use, free speech, free markets, freedom of choice,
elementary business ethics, freedom to innovate and basic personal
privacy...
> aren't important to you, I'd say VS.Net is the perfect choice.

Most every informed, intelligent fan of computer technology knows to shun
M$ products across the board on the grounds of the source, but it is
extremely helpful to have documentation on hand which so completely
proves the idiocy of dealing with Micro$haft at any level.

I hope that Johathon Glass will forward the EULA and Jeff Rose's notes to
every student at Macon State College. It's infuriating to think that my
tax dollars might be supporting this kind of coercion, bribery and fraud
at a State operated institution of higher learning.

peace
(after justice)
aaron