[ale] Can almost switch

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 26 11:29:43 EST 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 11:10 am, Bill Hamilton wrote:
> Finally, our company makes use of Webex (http://www.webex.com).  They
> only support Internet Explorer.  This might be the one thing that I have
> to use WINE for.  Has anyone had success using WINE to run just Internet
> Explorer?

Maybe you don't actually need IE. In my experience, very few sites that say
they only support IE are accurate in stating this. You can use Opera or
Konqueror and fake the user agent. I know, for instance, that if I fake the
user agent at SunTrust's site, I get in right away. Yet they claim they ONLY
support Internet Explorer. You can also get an addon for Mozilla at
mozdev.org that allows you to fake user agent.