[ale] OT another Java question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Nov 26 10:10:56 EST 2002

I've found a working solution, although I'm not sure why it works.

I changed MyPanel from 'extends Panel' to 'extends SubPanel' and now all
is well.

Unfortunately, I've not got the time to further research it, but need to
get this thing in for the holidays.  Further insights will be shared.

Mazukna, Thomas wrote:
> There are still too many unanswered questions to provide the answer, but I
> can give you couple paths to search......
>
> 1. panel's default layout manager is flowlayout
> 2. Does MyPanel implements add method with String and FieldA as parameters?

No add() method in MyPanel.  There is one in SubPanel mentioned above,
and that's why I think my solution is now working.

> if you can send me some more code I can be more specific, but my guess is
> that fields are placed not inside a table whichis inside the panel, but
> inside the panel using flowlayout manager, so they are put in a row starting
> at the top. You should overide add method for Mypanel, so place stuff inside
> the table, but anyway I may be wrong and something else can be wrong ....
> awt is tricky stuff witha ll these layout managers :)

Tell me about it. :(

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net