[ale] OT another Java question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Nov 25 22:13:38 EST 2002

Okay folks this one's been driving me crazy.  Here's the poop.  Got some
code that has a class:

public class MyPanel extends Panel {}

Basically builds a panel that has a table, look multiple cells.

Existing code does the following to create a panel and place items in
the cells:

MyPanel p1;

p1 = new MyPanel(10,3,rowHeading, colHeading);
this.add("3,270,388,320", p1);
initNewPanel(p1);

// adds a text field

p1.add("145,40.120,30", FieldA);

First I can't find this 'variation' of add() anywhere.

Further, I retain this code with the exception of removing the
'initNewPanel()' which just sets up the foreground/background color.  I
omit it because initNewPanel() is in a class we are no longer using.

Anyway, the same code produces the FieldA in the wrong place on the
panel, and further, it appears that no mather what values I pass to the
add() the field always shows up in the same place, and same size (which
is wrong as well.

The main problem is I need to use MyPanel because of the way it builds
the table.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net