[ale] Homeland Security Act - Perhaps I should take up farming?

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Thu Nov 14 14:48:35 EST 2002

"The purpose of encryption is to protect good people
from bad people, not to protect bad people from the government."
     Scott McNealy, CEO Sun Microsystems

Hey Chuck,
I don't see how this can be a valid statment(or is that the point?). AFAIK
the encryption method isn't:

encrypt(myData, person)
{
	if(person.good())
	{
		//encrypt data
	}
	else if(person.sortaShady())
	{
		//encrypt with Poindexter backdoor
	}
}

Just a thought...

--cade

On Linux vs Windows
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!