[ale] make command

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 14 08:38:22 EST 2002

Running RH 7.3.  I am installing an LP8000 Fiber channel HBA.  I attempt to
run "make build" after configing the lpfc.conf.c file and get the following
error:

*** commands commence before first target.  Stop.

What the heck is going on?  Tried removing the rpm file and reinstalling in
a subdirectory under the Linux-2.4.18-3 directory but still get the same
problem.  I really need to understand this driver building issue better.
Does anyone know what caused this error and can someone suggest a readme or
faq I could review that will not take all day so I can get a better
understanding/

George Johnson