[ale] kde startup

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 13 22:34:25 EST 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 09:21 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop Konquerer from
> autostarting in kde.  I've looked at the docs and it points to an
> autostart file under .kde, what I find is a directory named Autostart,
> but there is no reference to Konquerer there.

What version of KDE are you running? On which distro? How are you starting
your session? If you are starting a session with kdm, you should get a prompt
to save the session before you log out. If you save the session, only the
apps that were running at the time will start up again with a new session. I
am running KDE 3.1 now and it's a little different. Any apps that were
running when you shut down your session will start up again when you start
your next session.