[ale] Corporate taxes... (please, someone stop me.. I'vecreated a monster)

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Wed Nov 13 13:14:26 EST 2002

I too love to hear you left wing liberal whiners complain about how the
rich don't pay taxes. It only underscores your complete and total lack
of understanding of the facts at hand.  Read our federal budget
sometime, you'll be amazed at how much the rich and moreover the vast
working middle class bear the burden of your federal spending.  Here's
some numbers, you can verify my accuracy by running the numbers
yourself. It will take you some effort and time, as the federal budget
is a very complicated animal but, it's available on-line at
http://www.omb.gov/ (That's the Office of Management and Budget, the
federal branch responsible for cooking the books)

Individual	Average		Percent of	Percentage
Income %	Income		Total Income	of total income tax
of earners			(Whole US)	liability
Top 1% 		$313,469	20.81%		37.42%

Top 5%		$128,336	35.30%		56.47%

Top 10%		$92,144		46.01%		67.33%

Top 25%		$55,225		67.15%		84.01%

Top 50%		$27,682		87.01%		96.09%

The top line utterly decimates your fallacy that the rich don't pay
taxes. It most likely also destroys your illusions of how much the rich
actually make.

The second line, the top 5% of earners should scare the living daylights
out of you. 90-120k a year is not an unattainable goal for any of us who
dare to exert the effort to get an education. Upon reaching that level
of income you can be proud to know that you are one of the _5% percent
of the total population that pay for over 50% of the federal tax
liability.

Now, to the bottom line, and what should really make you shake in your
liberal little boots. 50% of our workers pay 96% of the taxes..  Holy
cripes! That means that the other 50% only pay FOUR PERCENT of the
taxes!!!

Now, given those numbers.. we can effectively eliminate somewhere near
50% of our total population as possible voters (Hey, those are your
rules.. I'm not the one who said people who don't pay tax shouldn't get
to vote). In my oppinion, it's not those who pay little or no tax who
shouldn't vote, rather those who couldn't pass a reasonable civics
test.. This is not rocket science but, since you don't learn civics or
economics in government schools anymore, I'll bet a dime to a dollar
that 65% or better of the population couldn't pass even the most
remedial civics exam.

The rich pay taxes, they pay a lot of taxes, and indeed they pay more
than their fair share. Graham-Ruddman (or Reganomics as you liberals
love to call it.. Supply Side Economics is what it's actually called as
an intellectual concept.) .. was only an attempt, (neigh, a partial
success as these numbers were much worse prior to the budget of 1982) at
leveling the inequities of the US tax codes.

Go ahead, soak the rich all you want..  But let me ask you this. Who
creates wealth in this country? I can assure you it's not the blue chip
corporations, at least not the majority of wealth. The majority of
wealth in this country is created by small business. Daring and
courageous individuals that embrace the spirit of the free market
economy and go into debt to create opportunity for themselves and
others. Something in the neighborhood of 70% of GDP is passed through
the hands of small business (Businesses with less than 5 million dollars
in GROSS recipts in any given fiscal year..). They also employ the vast
majority of our people, and are responsible for something on the order
of 85% of all new job creation.

Now, I ask you.. Have you ever gotten a job from a poor man? If you
actually knew of what you speak, you wouldn't be speaking it. And, not
to offend but, it's people like you that scare me to death, as you vote
for the people who've made you believe what you do.

Think for yourself!  Find the _actuall_ facts (and I'm not pointing you
to any right wing policy groups.. I'm pointing you to our own Office of
Management and Budget... it's a .gov for a reason.. it's not just a
bunch of "right wing fortuante ones", it's the federal budget.. it gets
passed every year.

Two years from last Tuesday you will have the power to get rid of EVERY
SINGLE MEMBER of the house of representatives. By constitutional
mandate, _every_single_dollar_that_is_spent_ must originate as a bill in
the house. Yet, every two years you and the rest of the country send 90%
or more of those people back to write new budgets...  Wake UP!! The
authors of the constitution set this up this way for a reason, a reason
that was much more obvious under our original scheme of elections
(Senators were never intended to be elected by you, they were supposed
to be elected by your state house of representatives..  in 1914 this was
changed by constitutional amendment) The house is there to represent
YOU! The senate represents your State, and, might I add, you don't
actually even elect the president.. in fact, you have no constitutional
right to elect the president, and the founding fathers didn't create
that system by accident.  Your only constitutionaly given right to
representation is in the House! Educate yourself, USE YOUR RIGHTS!

-G

P.p.s. If people would stop spouting lies I'd shut up but apparently I'm
not sinking in to some of you who seem to care. I really _want_ to stop
this thread.. I really do.