[ale] Corporate taxes...

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Wed Nov 13 11:59:07 EST 2002

Oh but it does..  the government is only "contributing to GDP" with
_your_ money..  They are only removing your personal discretion as to
how that money is spent.  The legislative and executive branch of our
government does not own our currency, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
Therefore, the legislative branch cannot create or destroy the existance
of money, they can only manipulate it's flow.

A perfect example of this is our current string of interest rate cuts.
Lowering interest rates is a method employeed to increase the liquidity,
and therefore the availability of capital. Neither the president or
legislators have the power to manipulate the flow of currency in this
way. Yes, the president appoints the chairman of the Fed Reserve with
the approval of the senate, much like judges, but he has no direct
control over the policies they enforce.. much like judges again.

The government is essentially taking that 33% of GDP from your hands,
and using it to support it's own goals.  If that money were running
freely, you and I would be using it to buy cars or houses or stock or
candy or putting it in the bank as "savings".  You might say "Hey, but
if you put it in the bank, it's not a part of the flow anymore" but,
you'd be mistaken. The bank is meerly holding the promise of that money
for you, and redistributing it in the form of loans to others so that
they in turn can use it for personal or public development (buying cars,
houses, staring business, hiring employees).

I would advise all of you to read the federalist papers, and a few good
books on the federal reserve and the mechanics of economy.  It's really
qutie facinating stuff, our founding fathers truly were brilliant men
with the best interests of all at heart.  Their clarity of vision was
stunning, even to this day, 227 years on.

-Grant