[ale] Corporate taxes...

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 13 11:43:04 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 11:36, Kilroy, Chris wrote:

> ->More money in federal income
> ->directly translates to less free capital in the open economy.
>
> not necessarily.  the only time i was ever in a business class in my life (1991), the government was
> actually contributing roughly 33% of the GDP through employment,
grants, etc.  depending on the way in which revenue is shifted and
spending adjusted in federal budgets, does not ensure that more net GDP
flows into the economy.  for instance if taxes are lowered and as such
less federal jobs exist, that doesnt necessarily result in an
improvement to the economy.

BUT, the Gov't gets its money from the income earners, and spends it
less efficiently than that income earner would.  The government may be
contributing 33% to the GDP, but think how much larger the GDP would be
if most of that money was still in the hands of the individual.

Just my $0.02.

Jonathan