[ale] On-Topic: WTF did they do to modules???

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Nov 13 11:40:22 EST 2002

Thus spake Joseph A Knapka (jknapka at earthlink.net):

> Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >/hijack political thread
>
> An ON TOPIC POST?!?!? You could be forcibly unsubscribed for that,
> you know :-)

Yeah, but the discussion to do it would be on-topic as well so it'd be
derailed.

> >Ok, back to my screwy semi-debian systems for a couple mins.
> >

> >  Ok, still working with lm-sensors and beat a few more things into shape.
> >I finally got a good compile of both the kernel+i2c and lm-sensors (i2c
> >was missing some modules that are in the lm-sensors source, but not in
> >the debian package).
> >
> >  depmod -av is reporting nothing, when I do a "modprobe i2c-proc",
> >"modprobe i2c-proc.o", "insmod i2c-proc", "insmod i2c-proc.o" nothing.
>
> Try "modprobe i2c-proc". If you don't give the full path, the module
> utils don't want an actual filename, just a module name.

Actually I think I found it.  I had to use "path[i2c]=/path....." and
then some of the other modules were in a different directory that had to
be added as well.

Geeze this has been a fun fight.  Now to figure out the interpritations.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI: