[ale] [WAY OT] Ethics Question

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 12 00:50:52 EST 2002

Maybe I should have been clearer about cutting the email.  It has been done. I have read
cases about it.  The admin cut the email as to keep the source anonymous.  I wouldn't call
the guy out on it. I have also seen cases where an admin that notice things against policy
would just send out a blanket reminder of the policy.  That is probably the first line I
would take.  Notify everyone the policy of the company or organization.  Not sighting
anyone or anything.  Just to let everyone know that things you do across a network are not
private and what accessible use is.

In one of my sensitivity training classes at a company I went to work for. The HR guy
explained that they are responsible for anything that they should have known about. To me,
that put the company in a bad spot if anyone made charges.

When you think about it. There are a lot of rights that you think you may have at work
that you don't?  your employer has the right to record conversations that you have on the
phone, if you use that phone to talk to clients. Just an example. I had an employer that
really got off on doing this.  He watched everything, numbers dialed, numbers that called
in, faxes, emails, etc...  I would not be surprise if had had pin cams al over the place.
He got his in the end though. No one but the disparate will work for him.

In hind sight why do people even want to be admins.? Think about it. Remember the guy that
Dekalb Tech. had sued? I admit he installed software that he shouldn't have, but they
brought up that he had installed unauthorized software.  But he was a system
Administrator..

Okay, That one took to long to proof read and spell check. I need to go to sleep.
Adrin