[ale] [WAY OT] Ethics Question

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 11 22:39:01 EST 2002

I seem to recall that this has come up under company emails. Remember the number of cases
that where filed in the mid 90's.  And most of those where just of people passing jokes
around.  If someone is doing some illegal on a system you admin, and you do nothing then
you can be charged. It is amazing to me how some people think that internet traffic is
private.  Which also brings back the days of when BBS where the thing, and how many of
those got shutdown in raids.

You know if he wanted to make the teacher sweat a little bit he could cut part of the
email and let everyone know that this is not acceptable policy.

Adrin