[ale] chance to talk with Johnny Isakson('s staff)

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Mon Nov 11 10:59:49 EST 2002

11/11/2002 12:39:52 AM, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at attbi.com> wrote:
>Show him or his lackey this:
>http://www.vote-smart.org/vote-smart/profile.phtml?ID=BGA10376&dtype=I&state=GA&style=
>This site says that he has repeatedly refused to respond to the National
>Political Awareness Test.  Press him on immigration question D:
>"Increase the immigration quota for computer scientists and other
>information technology workers."  Look at http://www.h1b.info/ first.
>Tell him that American IT workers are being displaced by H-1Bs right
>here in Atlanta and suggest that the companies that are doing it need to
>be investigated with respect to compliance with the law.  Further, ask
>for a position on HR 3222 (see
>http://www.optimizemag.com/issue/004/pr_squareoff_no.fhtml).

Sorry but this is just bunk. H1B workers haven't taken a single net job away from American workers.
Of course there are serious problems with the system which ammounts to a form of indentured
servitude for the H1B visa holder - and we should simply allow people from outside the US to come
into the US and be employed (or start businesses and employ others) at will. You'd immediately see
the "problem" H1 holders quit their underpaid positions (more often than not exploi... er employed by
fellow forign natitionals who know how to work the system) since they have freedom of movement
and don't have to worry about getting kicked out of the country at their employer's will.

	Ben Scherrey