[ale] Meeting topics for November

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Nov 9 08:51:27 EST 2002

Dow Hurst wrote:
 > I was wondering what the topics are for ALE and ALE-NW in November?
 > The website still has the October stuff up.  I've missed a couple of
 > meetings and I know I've really missed out.  Any chance of finding
 > out what is happening in November?  Thanks!

Apologies, I've not updated the site, but then, I've not got any info.
Larry indicated that he was working on something regarding VNC/Cygwin to
run apps on your Linux box from Windows terminals for ALE-Central, but
I've not heard back.

As for ALE-NW, I'm expecting it'll be a switchboard, since no one's come
forth with an offer to do a presentation.  I was hoping I could throw
something together from my little experiments I've got going, but hadn't
had the time.

 > Geoffrey, If help is needed with ALE-NW, let me know.  I can see
 > about pizza or drinks.  The date would be Nov. 21st for ALE-NW,
 > correct? Dow

Date is correct and I'd be glad to assist with the cost of the vittles
as well.

For now, plan on a switchboard at the ALE-NW meeting, I'll do my best to
show up with something fun, but no promises.

Any takers on a presentation for ALE-NW????

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net